Reading the Word renews our minds. The Word is Alive. Here’s some take away points I wanted to share this week from John 21.
John 21: 4-6 At dawn Jesus was standing on the beach, but the disciples couldn’t see who He was. He called out, “Fellows, have you caught any fish?” “No,” they replied. Then He said, “Throw out your net on the right hand side of the boat, and you’ll get some!” So they did, and they couldn’t haul in the net because there were so many fish in it.
- Sometimes, we can be doing exactly what Jesus wants, just not the right way (ex: with the right motives).
- Jesus gives the breakthrough strategy.
- Jesus brings provision.
John 21:7 Then the disciple Jesus loved said to Peter, “It’s The Lord!” When Simon Peter heard that it was The Lord, he put on his tunic (for he had stripped for work), jumped into the water, and headed to shore.”
- When Peter found out/realized it was The Lord, he jumped into the water and swam to the shore to Jesus.
- Peter was unashamed and eager to be in Jesus’ presence.
- Peter literally left the blessing of all that fish with his friends and went quickly to Jesus.
- THEN Jesus gives them rest/makes them breakfast. Jesus is intricately apart of the mundane. (Something as simple as eating breakfast)
John 21:13-14 Then Jesus served them the bread and the fish. This was the third time Jesus had appeared to His disciples since He had been raised from the dead.
- Jesus served even after He had finished/fulfilled the Father’s Will.
- He served unto death & He served in His Glory.
Love y’all a lot.